The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the peoples see his glory. Psalm 97:5-6One of my dearest High School friends, Erin (beautiful blond pictured in the middle) got married in Colorado Springs last weekend. We wouldn't have missed it! Andy sang
Angel, by Jack Johnson during the ceremony, and I read scripture. The outdoor wedding was absolutely gorgeous, with the mountains in the background. Although both Andy and I love Colorado it was the friends that made it so wonderful. Although we are all very different, and live in different places, these girls will always mean so much to me! (and it's always a blast reminiscing about those good ol' St. Ansgar days!

At the rehearsal dinner: Mandy Merten, Amy Ask, Erin Tjaden, me, and Brianne Fossey

me, Amy Ask, Tina May, Erin Tjaden, Mandy Merten, Brianne Fossey, Kristy Bonestro

We accepted Seth into the group!

Everything about the wedding was fabulous! From the ceremony, to the cocktails, to the amazing meal, and the dance!

Oh yeah, this is our 7th wedding of the summer. Zanders 4th already, and we squeezed that tie outfit on for one last time. (for real this time!)

We stayed at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, which was incredible! Here's the view from the pool!

My mom, SUPER BABYSITTER, was so great to have there! The brides mom and her are great friends as well. We bonded :) I really enjoyed our car trip out there listening to "sleeping freshmen never lie" a lighthearted book on CD, ate never ending snacks, listened to Tyrone Wells, ate more snacks, stopped and enjoyed Lasso Espresso, and finished the trip with snacks!

We made great use of our time while there. Enjoying the mountains and being together!

We drove up to Pikes Pike. As you can see from this picture, 14,000 ft. Just so you all know, think twice before taking your 2 month old this high. I felt like such a bad mom. I didn't think about this until after we were up there, and I started breathing heavy, I thought Zander might have a hard time breathing as well. Poor buddy :( All of a sudden I was like "Andy we have got to get DOWN, ASAP! " There's only been a couple times when I have been worried about Zander, this was one of them. It was bitter-sweet. Beautiful to be up there, but then realizing I may have put our sweet boy in danger made me sick. Again, I'm glad my mom was there! He made it! But I won't ever do that again with him!

Amy, Bri, Tina, and I enjoyed a great short and Sweet hike one day.

Baby Bjorn rocked for this! But I'm glad Andy was carrying him!
The Last day, we drove west of Denver to go white water rafting! I have never gone before, but Andy has gone once. We did the intermediate course, and it was a great mix of beautiful scenery, and intense rapids (to me anyway!) Again, HUGE thanks to my mom, we wouldn't have been able to go without her!

Here it comes! ahhhhhhhhhh! (Andy is front right, and I'm directly behind him)

AHHHHHhh, there I go! Andy is still looking strong though!

or wait... that's his foot sticking up next to the raft! The professionals stayed on. I had no chance, and I think Andy either felt bad for me, or just wanted to get wet!
All in all, it was a great vacation! If I haven't said it yet, it was so great to have my mom there! God's creation is beautiful! And Zander was being his usual self. Very difficult as you can see from this picture! I love him SOooooo much!

2 comments:
Looks like fun Lisa! Hey, will you email me at cheliseb@aol.com with your address and little Z's onesie size?
That looks SO awesome!! What a fabulous time! Aren't Grandmas the best??!! I love my mom so much and she is such a big help. I wouldn't have even thought about kiddos in the higher elevations! You're a great mom, there will be many more moments like that! And perfect Scripture with your pic. God's creation is beyond comprehension! Love you guy!
Post a Comment