IN THE MORNING
A little over a week ago, I got an email from my friend Jamie saying she wants to start a 5 o'clock club. Which basically means knowing that other ladies are getting up at 5 am to start their day with Jesus. Free of distractions from kiddos, and day to day grind "stuff". I loved this idea, but with Zander getting up sometime in the 5 oclock range I thought, I'll just stay up whenever he get's up in that range. After the first day of doing this, I was reading in Psalms and came across a couple verses with the phase "in the morning" in them. AHA! For those of you that know me I LOVE topical studies! So I did one on the phase "in the morning" In the ESV that phase is used 100 times, and I read every one of those, and found out 33 out of 100 times "in the morning" is referring to spending time or worshiping God in the morning!
I have been both encouraged and challenged by this as each morning God feeds my soul during this time. I get my cup o' joe, colored pencils, and am satisfied IN HIM!
Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
So if you desire to spend more time with God come join me in the morning... whether it's at 5 am, or 7am, whatever works for you! Afterall Jesus liked mornings too, by the sounds of it, he was more of a 5 o'clock guy!
And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.
6 comments:
Thanks Lisa! What an encouraging post! Angela and I might be in the Iowa City area this weekend, so maybe we can get together!
great words, lisa! funny you should mention them this week, i JUST started reading a book about the "5 o'clock" club, and the importance of getting up in the morning to spend time in the word. still trying to figure out how that works with a babe who gets me up throughout the night, but hopefully she'll figure that out soon enough. :) keep the EWOW coming, i like it!!
Lisa, thanks for the encouragement...and the challenge!
Thanks for the encouragement. :-)
What a wonderful idea - I've been really feeling convicted about doing a QT each day. I must admit I'm not very good at it and I feel a bit overwhelmed each time I try to begin. I love your post and your challenge. Grace is usually up either during the 5 or 7 o'clock hour - no reason I can't rearrange my schedule to put QT in at that time and take a nap later.
I have had a goal of doing this for a while now (maybe not 5am :). A little sacrifice of waking up early makes a big difference for the rest of the day.
Post a Comment