That's right we share a birthday! Remember the story?
So yeah... it's pretty much a week of fun for us two girls! It started this year when we got a package full of goodies for both of us in the mail from Aunt Jenn and Uncle Al!

Then our team made an amazing meal and my favorite: CHEESECAKE! I felt the love from what I consider my family here in Duhok.

We started a tradition by going shopping to pick out a little accessory for each of us. She got a hair bow and I got a bracelet. :)

The morning of our actual birthday, I woke up to what seemed to be a hundred emails wishing us a Happy Birthday. Which thanks to my thoughtful and loving husband he let everyone know. :) It was pretty special! But I couldn't take too much time reading them, we had to get ready for our "Costume Day" at school. Zander requested we all dress up like super-heros so we were "The Incredible Super-Hero Family.

The bummer of that story was when the kids got to school they were asked to go home because it was raining!! Seriously? The teachers were supposed to stay, but it turned out us 6 American teachers were the ONLY ones who dressed up. It was hard to tell what the other teachers thought about that.... Idiots? Dorks? WOW!? Oh well, we wore it proudly!
We got home, put Zephie down for a nap, then cuddled on the couch watching a movie (and I checked more Birthday emails and ate leftover cheesecake!)

During afternoon naps, I enjoyed a cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte sent from my fave sis-in-law Jenn! Then, Andy and I played cribbage and he let me beat him :)
Also, Andy got me what I wanted. A big green plant to create some life in our living room. It was funny getting it home in the taxi. (Not pictured: Zander was under my armpit smashed against the door, basically squirming the entire time "I don't have any room...eh ehhhh")

That night we went out to a nice restaurant as a family.
The next day we decided to make it ALL about Zephie so I baked a few cakes and we threw her a little party.
Cake Time!
So many sweet people came to celebrate!
A special gift for her!
Pinching cheeks is normal here. She already has them calloused. :)
It was a fun day- or WEEK! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETS! We love you!
and here's a flashback from the last time we celebrated a first birthday.........
We are quite blessed by our two little Z's!




3 comments:
Happy Birthday again to both of you! Your family is So beautiful! Can't believe she is already 1! Love you guys and hope you have a wonderful season of celebrating Christ's birth!
I LOVE your impression of Zander squished and whining in the taxi ;) I'm so glad you had a great day, and get to share it with your sweet little one!
Happy Bday ladies!! And I totally get why the American teachers were the only ones dressed up- hilarious!!
Post a Comment