School is in full swing. I teach every Wed. and Thurs. from 8:30-10:30. I love my walks to school, and seeing my 6th grade class for Art. They are such a great group of kids and I'm so thankful that Andy can stay at home with our little Z's during that time. Andy did start teaching an SAT prep class a couple days a week too, which he has also loved seeing the kids and other teachers at the school.
When Andy is not at school he is either up in our spare bedroom studying language, doing shopping runs, or going to visit his K. friends. His favorite visits are with our neighbor, Fallah to the University where he teaches.
Andy also does a few Physical Therapy Treatments a week. If you remember this boy that you prayed for last year. Be encouraged because he made huge improvements from the last time Andy saw him and we were able to pray and thank God with him for his healing grace on his arm!
I spend the rest of my weeks looking something like this.......
But Henry and his mommy come over once a week to play, nap, and talk. :)
We try to get together with our team at least once or twice a week. Here's all the ladies....
and here's the men!
Weekends are Friday and Saturday here.... Usually we try to take a Sabbath Friday morning. Starts by making a yummy breakfast (these 2 months we almost always ate outside)
Then during Zephie's am nap we listen to a Grace community church, or John Piper message. Then we EACH can pick something we want to do- burden free. Zander almost always chooses a video. I usually pick uninterupted online time (reading blogs: obviously not updating my own, pinterest, meal planning, etc) Andy usually does a project or plays guitar.
In the afternoon we try to do something fun out of the house or go out to eat.... This day has been so important to us spiritually and emotionally as a family here.
* We traveled to Erbil for a little "get out of duhok trip" we were able to hang with a couple other families while we were there and a huge highlite..... ordering a LATTE at a pretty legit coffee shop! Ahhhhh....
* SGI also came to visit us this month! We LOVE and APPRECIATE every chance we get to spend time with them. We truly admire and respect all they do. While they were here we ate REALLY well, visited Alqosh (ancient monastary here, tomb of prophet Nahum in the village)
went on a sunrise hike
Played games, had a campfire, and laughed a lot!
*Basketball Camp with CSM kids started middle of October. We do one session with girls which I am in charge of but get the help of Helen, Sarah, and a national teacher.
This has been super fun, we have even learned the mental toughness of playing in the rain :) We'll see what God has in store for us regarding basketball in this city in months to come!?!?
Thanks for reading and looking at this long update! :) Actually I didn't include the last week of October because that's an update in itself... so Good-Bye for now!
Buh- Bye










3 comments:
Thanks for posting this! Loved getting an insider view of the day to day!!
I agree! I love all the baby wearing too--so cute :)
Post a Comment