It's been crazy looking back at these pictures from this past summer. One of my favorite things about pictures is how they can capture a memory, actually more times than that they help to HAVE a memory. I would often forget events, people, sites if it weren't for pictures. So I try to remember my camera often to try and capture that photo that I will look back on time and time again to help me to remember. Here, Zander and I often sit down in front of Picasa and look back on pictures from Iowa (one of the reasons I think he has such a great memory of people and places)
and think Wow what a great time we had. It was beautiful that day, hiking in the mountains with our great friends, what a great memory. But really what we didn't keep or capture, was this part of the hike......
REALITY! A whining, tired little boy. Parents who are frustrated most of the hike because they wish their boy would "QUIT WHINING" He is just better at showing outwardly what is going on in that little heart of his.
That's exactly how I felt looking back at this summer, creating a few collages to help remember our times. I feel happy looking back at the memories we were able to have in Iowa. Thinking wow, what an amazing life we have that God has so graciously given us. But often I wonder.... Was I really living in THAT captured moment? Or were the cares of the world, or the fear of man, or my mind on other things I felt like were important. I want to slow down, enjoy life, enjoy the moment, be IN the moment.
May God give me eyes to see, a heart that is thankful, and a mind that can remember His goodness.... with or without a camera.
That's exactly how I felt looking back at this summer, creating a few collages to help remember our times. I feel happy looking back at the memories we were able to have in Iowa. Thinking wow, what an amazing life we have that God has so graciously given us. But often I wonder.... Was I really living in THAT captured moment? Or were the cares of the world, or the fear of man, or my mind on other things I felt like were important. I want to slow down, enjoy life, enjoy the moment, be IN the moment.
May God give me eyes to see, a heart that is thankful, and a mind that can remember His goodness.... with or without a camera.
1 comment:
so true, we all have those moments. God is good and He wants us to relax into His presence and fight for His peace!
Post a Comment