Thursday, October 8, 2009

EWOW- Big week! Confession

God has been teaching me so much amazing stuff lately. The last week has been a journey of walking through the rocks but shortly after climbing to see God for who He truly is and who He made me to be. I started a post last week that I wanted to share, and never finished it! Whoops! But I still want to share because I have been both humbled and encouraged all in the same week. So I will be posting a couple ewows (encouraging words of the week) in the next couple of days! First one started exactly one week ago today...........

I'm down. I have been believing lies. I'm not beautiful, I'm not adequate to speak clearly, be a mom, share the gospel, coach volleyball, love my husband, etc. It was so intense that I couldn't even read my Bible. I tried to stop, say God is bigger than this, and ask him to overcome my thoughts. In my unbelief, I gave up quickly. Discouraged, frustrated, wallowing in self-pity.

An hour later was mom's group. I confessed some of these struggles to the ladies. I truly believe a couple of them were the mouthpiece of God. Saying I have "unconfessed sin to GOD". TRUE and the other said I need to believe truth in who God says I am; Who am I in Christ? None of the lies I was believing describes who I am. (hints why they are called lies!)

The next day I did these things, and fought the lies with truth. Then I was able to connect again with the living God. Praise Him!

Although it takes courage to confess sin and it is VERY humbling, because it challenges our image in the way people view us. People will realize that we don’t have it all together. But it is SO FREEING! Confessing sin is risky; am I and are we brave enough to do it?

1 comment:

Jummy said...

Lisa, your words are very encouraging. I am glad to see you grow in your faith. Miss you lots!