Friday, October 2, 2009

4 Months

Just got back from our four month checkup. He did much better with the shots then at 2 months :) Cried for about 20 seconds, then good to go! He's been starting to get some dry skin and rashing a little bit. So I need to do a better job lathering him with some lotion once a day. Other than that.... Here's my big question... When should I start him on rice ceralish stuff? I'm not quite ready yet. Maybe at 5 months or... 6 :) What do you think mommas?
Four Months Stats:
Height 27 3/4 in (>95%)
Weight 18 1/2 lbs (>95%)
Head: 17 1/4 (80%)
I mean seriously... I think I'm a little biased, but come on... He's so cuteeeeeeeee :)
We have been working on counting, he can now count to 4 with his fingers :) I know isn't he amazing :) (by the way I didn't even notice the four fingers until after I took the picture.)

This was at my cousin's wedding last weekend. It was a great ceremony (although I listened from the back because Z man was fussing) the message focused on how our relationship with God is strengthened by spending time with Him (prayer and reading scripture) likewise that also needs to be a priority when we get married, making time for our spouse. How true, and how easy that is to forget. I know I'm guilty of giving Andy the scraps sometimes :( so it was a good reminder not only to Vanessa and Jeramy but also to Andy and I, and all the other married couples witnessing their wedding.
Grandma and Grandpa took the grandkids back to the camper with them so we could stay at the dance to have fun. Zander's usual bedtime is 8pm. When grandma and grandpa watch him. 11 pm!!!! Supposedly he wasn't tired :) I'm glad they got to enjoy him, bc the next day was interesting :) That's what I told happens, our parents love to be grandparents because they can spoil the grandkids then send them home with mom and dad :)


My DEAR DEAR Grandma! She made this quilt for Zander! Which I love. Super cute and vintage like. This is going to be one of those pictures that will be handed down. Precious Gift!
Andy makes me nervous! I mean all that blood rushing to his little head can't be good... right??? I bite my tongue and don't say anything though. I try not to be to controlling, although sometimes it slips :)

At four months Zander is continuing to develop:
  • Still my chill boy, but he's lifting up his legs more and more, and loves grabbing his little toes.
  • Standing, supporting his own weight really well. Maybe a couple mins. at least?
  • Loves the bumbo, whenever he seems a little fussy at supper time, we put him in there while he watches us cook, eat, or clean
  • No more swaddle!
  • Still a drool machine! I started trying to put bibs on him during the day, otherwise his shirt is wet and he starts to get a little rash
  • Grabbing toys when he's in the mood. He analyzes them (just like Daddy) No wild play like mom!
  • We bumped his packnplay down to low level (we don't have a crib, so we just use this) I guess we were supposed to do that at 15 lbs. Opps!
  • We just started using size 3 diapers. It says on the package 16 lbs. But I feel like they are a little big.
  • Naps are still started by a couple mins of rocking, as soon as he starts getting fussy, I lay him in his packnplay and he's out in 2 mins usually! Sleeping usually for 1-2 hours.
  • Sucking his left thumb
  • Consistency with bed time. Getting ready for bed at 7:30. Sleeping by 8! Some mornings he's up around 6, other mornings not until 7:30. I usually always make sure I start his day at 7:30 though.
In other news, Great friends, Doug and Carrie visited from Michigan a couple weeks ago. AH, I miss them!

4 comments:

Christy said...

i agree, he's a CUTIE!! :) my advice about cereal is to wait until he acts ready. able to sit up without much support, pulling objects to his mouth, and super interested in food. audrey would keep her eyes GLUED on us whenever we were eating when she was about 5 1/2 months old...we could just tell she was really interested in food. that's my advice...take it for whatever it's worth! but the main reason to start, even at 6 months, is more for practicing tasting new textures, etc, not really for nutrition; his primary source of the good stuff will still be coming from you!

Christy said...

and can i just say i am pretending i didn't read that part about how long he sleeps. picture me plugging my ears and humming REALLY loud....

:0) happy for you guys. just slightly jealous.

The Isbells said...

Hey Lisa!

We started Fo at six months and I personally have no desire to start before then. Obviously we both make kiddos that are well stocked, and once you start solids there isn't any going back, and that makes one more thing to remember and prep for outtings - right now you just have to whip it out! :P

Yeah, Willow is in a growth spurt now and waking a couple times a night vs. her normal one - me so sleepy! I will also plug my ears! :)

Miss you guys! Hope to see you real soon!

Angela said...

Lisa,

My girls have some growing to do before they catch up with your little guy! I just posted Isabel and Elliana's four-month stats on my blog, and it was fun comparing them to Zander's. :-)

By the way, I have a blog award for you if you'd like to stop by my blog and pick it up!

Blessings,
Angela