Some of the best times come unexpected. We were expecting to rest today as Kurdish picnics wear you out! After spending the morning baking, I was still in my t-shirt and sweatpants when our neighbor came over and asked us if we wanted to go on a picnic with their family in 10 mins!
Lucky for us they were running on Kurdish time and we had 30 mins to get ready plus their niece who I have really been able to connect with (also speaks flawless English) came over and helped me do my hair :)We found our spot! Gelly Cort (Short Valley) It was a popular place.
This family has been our closest friends while we have been here, and have told us we are like family to them. This has at times seemed more like a polite way to welcome us into their home. It wasn't until today that I actually felt like they meant it because they asked me to help prepare the meal! Coming from a culture of hospitality, this was a first for me while here. So this meant alot. So I got to work chopping the veggies for the salads.
It's chow time! They even had grilled hot dogs because some of them were at our house a couple days ago (see Day 1 of this madness) and liked them so much they wanted to have them again. The simple treasures!
Andy of course lovin' the Chicken Tikka and some quality time with Neighbor and Zander's girlfriend.
So don't judge. Zander drank a pop and had about 100 cookies that were given to him by Kurds. I look at it kinda like grandparents spoiling him. If it only happens every so often it's ok. Right?!?!
All the Ladies (+ Zander)
Just the guys!
Ok- Now the real party starts. Get your pinkies warmed up because they will get tugged on for the next hour! Time for some Kurdish Dancing.
Zander didn't quite make it home awake. He had to take a quick power nap while we finished dancing. I know buddy, it's been a long day! But quite memorable!
2 comments:
Dang! They know how to par-tay! I love your dress - you are so beautiful! And Zander sleeping in the back... I just want to snuggle up next to him! This all looks amazing, what an awesome experience!
love the dancing adn the dresses :) beautiful- raise Him for friends!
Post a Comment