So most of you know January was kind of a down. blah. cold. lonely month.
Well I am happy to announce I feel refreshed! Not only has God shown me what is truly important, but we have had an opportunity to find some refreshment during the last couple of weeks. So what do we do for refreshment in Iraq you ask?First of all.... On the sunny days, get out of the house!
We play in our yard, or our roof,

Oh how I love my chaccos
Then... plan a Girl's weekend!
4 of us gals from Duhok took the 2 hour taxi ride to the neighboring city of Erbil. Another mom and I left the kiddos with the Dad's and enjoyed some good times with the CSM teachers in Erbil. Talking about school, electricity, food, the good times, and the bad.
Erbil is the polical hub of Kurdistan so although not nearly as beautiful they have lots more options when it comes to shopping and "American" things.
Like Nachos
It was a great mix of encouragement, hanging out, and professional development (the school is K-12 with many experienced teachers. What a fun team! We had a blast!
I even got to help coach their high school girls team that they started up last year! We are going to try to get one going here. In Sha Allah (God Willing)
The weekend ended with a surprise stay at a guest house "The Love Nest" :) Some other workers opened up a guest house that is a ministry for other workers to get-away for a bit. It was loaded with all kinds of goodies. (Instant oatmeal, twizzlers, skittles, fresh ground coffee with coffee pot) It was beautifully decorated with everything in the house that made staying there truly a haven. Including a jacuzzi! We were there for less than 12 hours, but in Bishop style, taking FULL advantage of all the goodies.
Early morning beauty :)
It was truly a refreshing last couple of weeks!
God always seem to know exactly what we need!
2 comments:
Loved all the pics! Sweet Zandy boy looks like such a big boy riding his bike! And I'm still coveting your sweatshirt with the non-hairnet looking fur! :) So thankful for a refreshing couple of weeks! Love ya!
Yeah, I think I have always coveted that sweatshirt. :)
Praising the Lord for His perfect timing of refreshment, and your obedience in following Him and allowing Him to prune your heart, and being SO honest about it - He desires no less and it encourages so many in the process!
Rock on, sista!
Post a Comment