Reflecting on 2010...

Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is only the Lord's purpose that prevails (Proverbs 19:21).
It wasn't just any kind of year. It wasn't what we were expecting. It was exactly what God had planned for us though as we seen Him answer prayers left and right, (or for all you Garth Brooks fans, "Sometimes I thank God (boom boom) for unanswered prayers..."
Either way His hand and purpose was so clearly guiding us.
I just read this post and wow how I can relate to much of what this family has experienced this past year. I'm sure many of you can to, it doesn't mean you need to move overseas to feel like God took you down a path you weren't expecting. If you got a second: read this,
http://allthingshendrick.blogspot.com/2010/12/2010-year-of-what.html
If not, here's a quote that sums up how we feel about last year and the coming year.
"God already has a plan for this new year. He had a plan for last year too. His plan for 2010 was way better than mine...and not because it was easier or more comfortable than what I was busy planning. It was better for reasons that words can't describe. Just cries and groans and smiles can speak to the struggles and strength God handed our family this year."
So whatever 2011 brings for our family or yours, we can trust that God works ALL things for the good, who have been called according to HIS PURPOSE!
Resolutions? ummm, not sure what I think about those, but I know you need to be motivated. (Don't know if I'm motivated enough to lose those extra 5 lbs.)
But what we will we try to *accomplish* this year?
glorify God, enjoy Him, and love others.
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be GLORY forever. Amen. Romans 11:36
The angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for ALL the people. Luke 2:10
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37-39
1 comment:
amen, sister! i was really struck by that post, too. such a good reminder.
Post a Comment