Sure there are many things that are different and hard to get used to in here in Kurdistan. But there are some pretty sweet things too! In the last 24 hours we set up our volleyball net in our "garden" (Which we have come to realize that we were crazy for wanting to look else where, this garden is VERY hard to come by around here!)
So we invited our some neighborhood kids and enjoyed some friendly competetion:
Also, this week we did some major cleaning on our rooftop so we could enjoy playing up there on the nice days. When the sun is close to setting is our favorite time to chill up there. (about 5-6 pm)
We got some plastic chairs and a table so know we can enjoy meals outside, socializing, and quiet times. This morning we whipped out sweatshirts! It was just over 60 degrees!!!!!! I mean come on, how sweet is this setting!
I love my boys. I love the mountains. I love my coffee with some egg bake. I love cooler weather. Ahhhhh how refreshing! God is good!
7 comments:
Amen! This is beautiful! And you are right... your garden is unique. I've never seen one like it.
Thanks for sharing Lisa, its great to get more of a visual of your surroundings. We think of you often!
i want to be there!!!!!
SWEET ZANDY!!! Miss U!!!
Hey Lisa, how can I mail you something? I'm blessed by you guys serving Jesus!
Andy and Lisa and Z, I feel like I am getting to know you. I'm Dollie Blackley's mom. She has talked about you and shared your blog. Built a fire in the woodstove to take the chill off and thought about you being hot... Katie Hoskins
Wow, sweatshirts...jealous. Not even close to being ready for those here!! LOVE the pictures! Keep them coming! Sounds like things are going so well for you!
Post a Comment