Friday, August 27, 2010

Help Please!

The first night we were here in Iraqi Kurdistan our camera broke :(
I loved our old camera and to buy a new camera here they are pretty expensive and the options are limited.
Our organization offered to ship one to us (or at least to the city about 6 hours away from here) so we are weighing our options.
I want to see if any of you have any recommendations on a camera.
Although I wouldn't say I'm a great "photographer", I do enjoy the creativity of taking photos, but don't want to pay $500 for a camera either.
So if you have any recommendations, please let me know. The sooner I get a camera, the sooner I can show you some pictures of where we live :)

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

hey Lisa, so sorry to hear about your camera! Jas just bought a new camera ($196) and he's really liking it. It's very small and compact but we think it takes about as good of pictures as my larger $400 camera. We don't know why, but if you buy it in silver it's about half the cost.
Here is the link hope it helps!
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00095036

Rebekah said...

Ok I have no idea how that ikea link sent to you, it's not even open anywhere on my browser!
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SD780IS-Stabilized-Silver/dp/B001SER47O/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1282931476&sr=1-2

Christy said...

Ugh, what a bummer!!! We have a Canon Rebel (bought it used off Craigslist) which I love, but to buy one new can be really pricey. When we got it, we couldn't bear to part with our 'old' camera, a Canon PowerShot, because it still takes GREAT pictures for a point and shoot, and videos, too! Good luck!