2 days ago was Zander's First Birthday! I wanted to make it special by celebrating with as many people as possible, so last Saturday was his party with family. Then on his actually birthday we took cupcakes to Missy's playgroup, then that night we partied with neighborhood friends and faith family, then yesterday we took cupcakes to a different playgroup. Whewww! Let me tell you, 6 cake mixes later, I'll be done for a while! But it was worth it to see this sweet boy light up! For the complete 220 pictures (proud mama getting click happy!) check out: http://picasaweb.google.com/mrsbishop/ZanderSFirstBday#
To my #1 Zander-
I can't believe exactly one year ago today we were at the hospital witnessing one of God's greatest gifts to your daddy and I. YOU! I will always remember the details of you getting ready to be born, to the feelings of excitement to meet you for the first time. We didn't know if you were going to be a boy or a girl, so when you were born I heard "It's a boy" from one of the nurses (although daddy wanted to be the first to see) I was crying, shaking, and in awe at how you came into this world. They placed you on my chest and daddy and I were speechless. We had been waiting for this moment to meet you for some time. You were precious. The moment was perfect. We loved you immediately. We were all crying.
This past year has been full of moments that I never want to forget.
- Bringing you home from the hospital. It felt like such an adventure. We weren't scared. We knew you were tough! You remain tough to this day. You hardly ever cry when you bonk your head. Now you just say... "UH-OH"
- Your first camping trip when you were just 2 weeks old :) You were born to be an outdoorsie guy. Just like your daddy!
- Your wedding tie outfit. You wore this for the first 4 weddings of your life. You sure were handsome in it. You started filling it out more towards the end!
- Daddy and I watching "The Office" while you napped next to us in the papa saun. You were such an easy baby.
- You have always been a great eater! The first month or so whenever I nursed you, daddy HAD to bring me water RIGHT AWAY! You took it out of me, now I find myself getting up to look in the fridge for what I can feed you next; many times not quick enough! Now some of your favorites are sweet potatoes, honeycomb, rice cakes, and the new "green machine" smoothie that's a combo of way to many things to list on here. (If you haven't figured it out yet, your mama likes to mix things together!)
- Your first bath after you umbilical cord fell off
- Our first family road trip to Colorado. You have always been such a great traveler. This is God telling us you will probably be a world traveler! You haven't been in an airplane yet, but soon! You have taken long trips in the minivan twice to Colorado, and one to Nashville.
- You have been SO blessed to be surrounded by so many friends. You love people and watching them. Seeing you play with __________ (way to many to list on here!) But I will tell you about them someday!
- Your first swim/float at the pool with Liam
- Dressing you up in your lobster costume for halloween
- Having you dedicated at Grace Community
- Building the Goliath snowman with the Kampmans
- Your dark hair. That turned into a mullet, then turned to almost bald, that turned to light curly hair.
- All the hand-me downs we got from your cuz Dax. We hope you'll always be willing to share as well as him!
- You love(d): Your bumbo seat, standing and playing by the coffee table, dogs, sucking your thumb, baths or being in the backyard pool, hanging out in the back yard swing, getting in the kitchen floor cupboards and pushing upside-down bowls across the floor like they are your imaginary cars, board books-you like to flip through the pages as fast as you can, rough housing with dad-chasing each other around the house (crawling), riding in the stroller (your perch) where you can see everything that is going on in the world around you, the "My Buddy" song that we use to get you smiling for pictures (works every time!), your neighbor friends, Ella, Anna, Josiah, and Abigail. Your new contraption that we use to keep you busy: Snack Trap!:)
I love you sweet boy. I love your birthmark on your left calf. I love that you have your daddy's blue eye's and your momma's nose. I love your curly hair. I love that you love to cuddle. I love it when I pick you up and your suck your thumb and then rest your fingers on my nose. Thank you for the joy you brought us every day for the past 365 days.
Thank YOU God for allowing us to be parents of such an amazing little boy!
1 comment:
Ah!! I love you Zander!! Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!
Post a Comment