A few weeks ago, Zander turned 8 months. I felt bad because I didn't do a 7 month update either. Sorry sweet boy! But you have been doing and eating some cool stuff lately!
First with the eating:
You got your first 2 teeth (within a few days of each other) right before Christmas. Around that time you were only eating banana, avocado, and sweet potatoes! Your favorite were sweet potatoes, you ate them up right away without hesitation... ever! Avocado took you a few times. Mixed with rice cereal you finally ate it :) Bananas were a hit and miss day. Sometimes you loved them, other times they must have had poison on them because you didn't like em! But wow since then you have really expanded your tastes. You have had:
pears, peaches, kiwi, green beans, peas, black beans all that I have blended up with the ever so famous in our household "THE MAGIC BULLET!" Oh man, if anyone else is listening out there, we use ours at least EVERY day. Mainly for my afternoon Peanut Butter Iced Mocha! Anyway... I blend it using that then use the frozen ice cube method to have them in perfect serving size and ready to go! You have also tried some jarred baby food too. Squash, carrots, peaches, sweet potato. You don't seem to mind too much! A TRUE BISHOP IN THE MAKING!
Other Cool Stuff!
- I have loved the stage of not much movement. It selfishly makes things really easy for me! I go in the other room (maybe to refill my coffee) and come back a couple minutes later, and you have been right where I left you! Happy as can be. I have a feeling that stage is coming to a close. You are rolling around and can get on all fours but haven't "crawled" yet. You roll to get where you wanna, and can belly slide backwards. But I've been learning to keep a better eye on you!
- You do this SUPER cute thing when you get excited with your hands and feet. Your hands wiggle kinda like the wave Ms. America does (but you don't look feminine! :) and it's like TURBO speed! Then your feet go in and out like a frog. Hard to describe, I need to get it on video~
- As hard as I've tried to get you used to other people, there are still certain times you want your mama, which is ok by me :) Usually you always do great no matter whose with you!
- Takes 2 naps a day: 9 and 1
- We have our own little routine in the morning. Usually up at 7, I nurse you, put you in your jumparoo horsey gittyup machine, where you bounce contently for at least 20-30 mins! In the meantime, I'm making breakfast/coffee/cleaning dishes/etc in the kitchen. Then we move to our little quiet time spot, where you sit up and play with toys while I read (20-40 mins) Then I read a story to you, change your diaper, then down for a nap at 9! Wake up at 10. feed solids, nurse after. Then we are ready to party for the day. Either errands, playgroup, walking, etc. Back home at 1 for your nap!
- For some reason you haven't taken a bottle the last 4 or so times we have tried. Maybe you think only babies use that? Maybe it's way of saying I don't want you to even leave me. Ok.. that's a good reason!
- Transitions in and out of sitting.
- Size 3 diapers (target or Cliffords from Aldi's at .14ish each) 9-12 mo. clothes
- Approximately 22-23 lbs (according to our scale) No idea how long you are. You don't have another appointment until April!
- I don't love you any less but I let you cry if you wake up before 6:30 am
- babbles: baba, mama,dada, nana, tata...etc or lotsa squeals, and razberries
- I think you started figuring out how to give kisses. Not on demand, just when you feel like it!
- I started putting you in the shopping cart like a big boy! You LOVE this. You do your little excited motion and wrinkle your nose with enthusiasm
- Moved you to a convertible car seat because your infant one was only to 22 lbs and G'ma and G'pa Bishop got you one for Christmas!
- I think you will like to dance. Although it was about bedtime, Daddy was playing you his song he wrote for you when you were still in my tummy and I think you like it. Can you tell what you do when you start getting sleepy too?
I love you sweet boy!
xoxo
1 comment:
he is SUCH a doll, lisa!!! quite the lil charmer!
Post a Comment