Well after a month of not reading other peoples blogs and not updating ours, I think I'm ready to dive in again. So for today here's a random update of our last month! I know Christmas seems like so long ago!
Kriener Christmas
Got to St. Ansgar earlier than expected on the 23rd because of the projected snow storm that was supposed to be coming. It was a nice change of pace because so often we feel like we can't settle there because we are going to 4 different Christmas's in 2 days but it was so refreshing to sit and relax and have good quality time with my family for Zander's first Christmas! Our extended family was supposed to come on Christmas Eve, but with the projected storm we instead enjoyed a nice intimate meal with just us and instead of going to Christmas Eve service
we had our own house church as we read about Jesus birth, then finished the night watching The Nativity Story. This was so valuable and precious to me! The next morning was also a treat as we watched old home videos and attempted to start transfering them to DVD. (This will take a bit longer than originally expected!) But a good goal for the future! I love

Bishop Christmas
We celebrated the week after Christmas with Andy's side of the family. Even though it was a week later it still felt like our typical laid back Bishop Christmas that we have always loved and appreciated! Looks kinda like this... talk over 4 cups of coffee, stay in our PJ's until noon, eat breakfast, play games the rest of the day. (maybe watch a movie or do a p90x workout in there) But bottom line its always so relaxing!
Random January-Andy and I started the year off by taking a little retreat as we spent some great time with God indivually and together seeking what He would have for 2010. It was reviving to the soul (Psalm 19:7) We are pursuing opportunites but take comfort in Proverbs 19:21- Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
On the 17th of this month we celebrated Andy's Birthday. Bishop style of course, ALL weekend! Started off on Friday going out in Cedar Rapids to the Piano Lounge listening to some live music with some great high school friends. Then on Saturday I surprised Andy by renting some snow shoes. A big bummer was I started to feel sick as I was running a fever. :( My parents and his both came to celebrate, and the next day I had a surprise party for him at the Pizza Ranch with some of our friends!
Hard to believe how fast January went!


1 comment:
I'm still reading your blog! I miss you guys so much--can't believe how much Z is changing! I feel like he will be able to call me soon:)
I'm coming back end of Feb to take off for good, if you didn't get my emails:)
Love you!
-Chelsey
Post a Comment