Top Ten list of Galena to sum up memorable moments. Here it is!
10. Galena Canning Co.- Here we basically had a free lunch. All the samples of all different kinds of little dips, salsas, chocolate sauces, basically anything you can dip a pretzel in. This is our style of place! Free snacks! Oh Yeah!
9. Gobbies- This was a pizza place we went to that had amazing candian bacon, pineapple, chicago style pizza. We also had beer nuggets (fried pizza dough) super good with honey. We even ate the leftovers the next day! We love leftovers!
8. Durty Gurts- This was the biggest, sloppiest burger we have had. You didn't even need ketchup it was so good. I think it may be the best burger I have ever had. Durty Gurt was quite the character!
6. Hardees- Ok, I know, another food place. But before we got to Galena, Andy insisted we go to Hardee's for breakfast because that's how he started all of his family vacations growing up: A fast food breakfast! It was all about anticipation. I had no idea where we were going, and we were both getting excited. A cinnamon raisin biscuit never tasted so good.
5. Bike Ride- We packed up our bikes for the trip too, and hit the trail they had. (About 8 miles round trip. Good to be back on the bike again. Although I had to take more breaks! Thank the Lord for such a wonderful day of weather, as it got up to the upper fifties and sixties.
4. Steamboat House- Our first Bed and Breakfast we ever stayed in. They had amazing Peach french toast one morning that was ummmmm... so good! We also enjoyed our room that had a beautiful porch connected to it that we enjoyed some good games of cribbage (Andy handed it to me, in one hand he had a total of 30 pts!) We were by far the youngest couple there, but still enjoyed our time, and visited with the 4 other couples staying that weekend during the wine and cheese social hour they had each day.
3. Good shopping! Galena has a great main street with lots of cute little shops. I was on a mission finding a spring jacket (I couldn't get my jacket from last year buttoned anymore :) ) Well, Andy found the perfect one! I also found a cute little hat that Andy said I should get. He kept telling me how cute I was, and I could sense the pride he felt because he was the one that found them!2. Indulge Day Spa- When we first pulled up to Galena, we stopped and I had no idea what we were doing. We we walked in and he said we were there for a prenatal massage! AHHHHHHHHHHH, what a way to start the trip. It was great! My first massage! Baby liked it too :)
1. Fried Green Tomatoes- Believe it or not, this one has nothing to do with the food although it took place at a restaurant. In the middle of this fabulous meal, Andy pretty much came out of no where and announced to me "I'm about to say something special" HA! This was hilarious to me. I love HIM! I was laughing so hard but then we got into a great talk about how over the years and throughout pregnacy God has taught us how to love each other more, and how we are growing each year. Anyway, I guess I don't need to share the details. But it was the "number one" of the whole trip. So you know it must have been a great conversation!
Ending our trip in Galena with a 7 month pregnant picture!SURPRISE SHOWER
On our way back home from Galena something was up because Andy said we were going to go to his parents to hang out, but why was he keeping this from me all weekend? We pulled up to his home church building in Center Point only to walk in with a bunch of his family, and my mom, Alice, Katie and Katie's inlaws waiting for us inside! Wow what a surprise! Jenna (Alex's finance) was in charge of getting this whole thing organized, she's such a sweetie!
Kriener Sisters! Well not all of us. Jenna looks like one, just not as fiery like the rest of us :)We played some great games too:) Hilarious!


THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO CAME! IT WAS A BLAST! BABY BISHOP IS VERY APPRECIATIVE OF ALL THE GIFTS TOO!
Here I am testing out our new jogging stroller complete with baby inside (Dax) from Mom, Alice, and Katie. I guess Dax signed the card too :)
Many people also went in to get our multi-functional pack and play which will be used for our crib, changing table, and play yard! WHAT AN AMAZING WEEKEND!
1 comment:
Oh, it sounds like you had such a great weekend! I don't know how it could have been better! We used to go to Galena every fall for the leaves and a short get away! We love lots of the things on your list too! You are looking fabulously pregnant!
Post a Comment